My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Radio City book - progress to date

Welcome to the site that's all about my new book "194 Radio City: The Heart of Liverpool". It will be published by Lulu in the early spring, and I am currently putting the finishing touches to the layout.

The book tells the story of 194 Radio City's early years, from its beginnings in 1974 through the next 10 years or so. Rather than being simply a straightforward history of the station, it also combines my own memories; from discovering the station in 1976, to visiting the studios, attending the roadshows, writing to and meeting the DJs etc, with personal memories and funny stories from those who worked there and those of other listeners. Amongst the photographs, there are many which have never before been seen by the general public.

If you ever listened to 194 Radio City in the early years, if you have a love of radio, if you are nostalgic for the 1970s, early 1980s and the music of that time, then hopefully you will enjoy this book.

It will be available to purchase direct from me, or via Amazon. Please return to this site and I will keep you up to date with the book's progress.

Kathy Barham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home