My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Fire and snow

What a week! We had a chimney fire in the middle of a blizzard 2 evenings ago, so we had to phone 999 and a flashing fire engine with 6 firemen turned up and spent an hour putting it out. What stars! I did have one of those moments, you know when someone says "In the event of a fire, what one thing would you rescue from your house?" and all I could think of was the computer/completed 194 book! Even I think that's a little sad!!

The snow looks like it will be staying around for a bit, and the car has decided to pack up again this morning, so my two boys have had another enforced school holiday and we are in effect stranded. And that of course means that the book publication is once again in limbo, but not for too long, I hope.

Unless, of course, the power decides to go off.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home