My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Unsuccessful Photoshoot

Lulu contacted me before Christmas to ask if I would be interested in my book being advertised on the front page of their UK newsletter. I said I was. All I would have to do would be to have my photo taken in front of a suitably famous Liverpool landmark, holding the book. I could then supply a snappy title, with pun, preferably - but was told not to worry if I couldn't do this bit as the 'pun' would be supplied for me.

So off we trotted to Birkenhead promenade this afternoon, armed with book and camera. Of course, nothing is ever that straightforward. The winds were REALLY strong, so despite a nice view of the Liverpool waterfront, the resulting photographs looked as if I had been terrified by a particularly gruesome monster (or maybe Billy Butler?) ie vertically pointing hair and strange zombie-like expressions on my face.

So we visited the Spaceport instead...

I guess it's back to the drawing board then and the Lulu UK newsletter front page will have to wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Barham said...

Brian (and anyone else who may be wondering) one of the wonders of digital photography is that they can be deleted before anyone else sees them!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home