My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ready for Publishing at Last!

OK guys - its all complete! The cover is finished and I am really happy with it - I feel it truly encapsulates the spirit of the story. The book, as you know, has been edited and all the photographs decided upon, so its time to move on to the last stage: the publishing process.

Now I have to admit to being new to all this "Print On Demand" (POD) stuff, but from what I can gather via Lulu's website, it can all take a little time, so I must ask you to be patient. I will keep you informed as to whereabouts in the process I am, and of any hiccups I encounter along the way, so if any of you out there are thinking of using a POD publisher, you will hopefully gain a little insight into what happens.

Along with all this, I will also write (or will have written for me) a press release, and will begin contacting various newspapers, bookshops, tourist information centres, radio stations etc, to get as much coverage as possible. Anyone out there have any experience of this? Again, its all new to me.

And of course, keep coming back here to see where I'm up to. You will read it here first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home