My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sharron 18.6.63 - 24.3.07

My best friend, Sharron Hendy, died yesterday. I'm still feeling numb, although it's not been totally unexpected. I last visited her at St John's Hospice, Clatterbridge on The Wirral on Wednesday afternoon and I knew then she wasn't going to get through this. She was only diagnosed with cancer just over 4 weeks ago. Although she'd been ill for some time, none of us guessed that it was this serious. She had back pain which turned out to be tumours on the spine. It now means that I've lost the one other person (the late Dave Eastwood was the other) who was there with me throughout those wonderful 194 Radio City years, on which my book was based. I am going to re-write the dedication at the front of the book. She loved reading it and also keeping up to date with the blog and hearing which DJs and like-minded City fans I'd been in contact with. There was no one else like Sharron - absolutely one of a kind and her passing will leave an enormous empty space in the lives of all who knew her.

Sharron, you were the best friend anyone could wish for - rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Barham said...

Thanks Brian. And I am so glad you were able to meet her and enjoy those two concerts with us.

I like to imagine her having a good old chinwag with Eastie now, catching up on old times!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home