My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Its All in the Printer's Hands Now

Well, Saturday night was the night when, armed with a couple of glasses of chilled wine, I finally let my book go out into the big, wide world - well, to the printers anyway! Despite having read all the horror stories on the forums at Lulu, and being prepared to have a difficult job ahead, I have to say the on-line uploading of both book and cover was all pretty painless. In fact, I can't help thinking it all went rather too well! But I have ordered my preview copy to check everything is OK, and as long as that is fine, we can look forward to it being available to buy very soon.

I have purchased the Global Distribution deal and this means that availability takes a little longer than normal. However it also means that I have a book with a price and bar code and ISBN number printed on, so I can sell it in bookshops, Amazon and wherever, rather than just through Lulu's website. Lulu is fine if you live in the States, but we don't, so having solely an American distributor (epecially for a book about Liverpool culture) wasn't really going to work, I felt.

Anyway, that's where we are! I will be in touch again soon, hopefully...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home