My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Shipping Costs and Some Interesting Links

Have been having conversations via email with Lulu all day regarding shipping costs. Basically, because Lulu is a 'Print on Demand' publisher, it works best when people go to its website, or Amazon, and buy one book at a time. Of course, if I want to market my book and sell direct from here, I will need a stock of books. This is where the potential difficulties begin.

I am trying to figure out what it will cost to ship a number of books over to the UK, but I keep being told by Lulu staff that my best bet will be to wait until the new UK printer is up and running. However, this won't be until the summer which is too late for me. I really need to know what it is going to cost me now, and which would be my best (ie cheapest) option, but am getting no useful reply as yet. Still, as long as they get the answer to me before the book goes on sale, that's fine.

In the meantime, here's some music.....

No seriously - I'd like to take this opportunity to mention a couple of guys who are almost as mad about 194 Radio City as me. Namely Nigel and Brian. They both have wonderful websites which are full of things relating to the station in its golden years, and, if you haven't done so already, you should take a look to whet your appetite in preparation for the book.

Nigel's site can be found at www.194radiocity.co.uk. There's loads of interesting stuff in there (including some photos of mine) and a forum for fans of the station where you can share your memories and chat to other fans.

Brian's is at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/briansaudio/radiocity/index.html There are loads of jingles on there, some of which at least should sound familiar to most of you, as well as some very interesting audio interviews and promotional photos.

OH! And I must say a big congratulations to Brian for being the only guy clever enough to actually work out how to add a comment to this blog! Well done mate!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home