My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Two New Links

There are now two new links included on the Links section of this blog. Firstly Knightrider, which contains Mike Knight's collection of photographs. You may remember I mentioned this a few posts ago (sorry about the delay in including it here!) It includes some photographs of Mike's years at Radio Luxembourg, amongst other things, and has some fantastic photos of Dave Eastwood and Rob Jones. The link will take you to one particularly amusing photo of Dave, but if you also look to the right on the page you will see further slideshows with even more interesting photos, so do take a look.

Secondly, I have included a link to another radio station - Radio Caroline. Sacrilege? Well, I don't believe so. Radio City has changed so much, as we all know, since the glory days of the 1970s and 1980s, hence my book. About a year ago, almost by accident, I discovered another station that plays such a wide variety of sounds, both old and new that you can believe, if only for a short time, that you are back listening to the old 194. Radio Caroline is run entirely by volunteers and depends upon listener funding to keep going. It is not, unfortunately, available on normal FM or Digital radios but you can catch it on Sky Channel 0199 or by listening on-line. So if you are missing the old Radio City, please do give this radio station a listen.

And I will have more news about City/Caroline very shortly so watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home