My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Wow!

Can't believe this, but my first batch of books has already gone. I have had to remove it from eBay for the time being, but as soon as the next shipment arrives, I will look to putting it back on there.

Apologies to all those who are waiting for copies - they will be with you shortly, I promise! According to my calculations, the books should arrive any time between now and Monday. As soon as they do, I will post all the pre-ordered books out first class. Please bear with me. I am new to all this, and have been taken completely by surprise by the interest in the book already. I am, of course, over the moon about it! At the beginning, quite a few people tried to put me off writing this book, saying that it might be better to write a fictionalised version of City's story instead. It will never sell, they said. I'm so glad I stuck with my gut instinct.

Once the Global Distribution package is up and running (sometime within the next week or two I believe) you will be able to order it from any bookshop, anywhere in the world, as well as Amazon.co.uk. I will also keep you informed which bookshops in the area will be stocking it, for those of you who prefer to buy one straightaway.

Had a telling conversation with one of the Liverpool papers the other day, who said they weren't sure whether they can actually do a piece on my book because Radio City is seen as competition! Interesting that....

Big thanks to Dave Lincoln for mentioning the book on his show last week and giving out my details. I had no idea he was going to do that, but it has worked and I have had some contact from buyers already from that.

In the meantime, I have added a preview to my book (the Downtown chapter) on the Lulu site. I've done this after discussing the idea with other UK Lulu writers. I held off for a while because I wasn't sure whether it would be a good idea or not, as one small excerpt doesn't really give anyone a true picture of the book as a whole, but I'm giving it a go, and will see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home