My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hola!

Well, I'm back from 2 weeks in Mallorca. A good time was had by all, and I didn't miss the computer one bit. OK, I sneaked off to an internet cafe once a week just to check if anything important was going on, but other than that, I went completely cold turkey!

Latest news is as follows:

I'm very pleased to report that the book is still selling well, and I am going to order another shipment of 50 today. I have also relisted it on eBay as from yesterday. Global Distribution (whereby bookshops can order the book direct from their suppliers, rather than from me or Lulu) hasn't yet taken effect, and this is somewhat disappointing, although I am assured it shouldn't take much longer. The books I left with Borders in Ellesmere Port just before I went away completely sold out and I took another batch over on Sunday afternoon at their request.

I am currently working with a few other Lulu writers on a joint press release (as mentioned in my previous post) concerning Liverpool Lulu writers. Hopefully this will be more acceptable to the press than a single writer. Its certainly an interesting subject. I will keep you informed as to what happens here.

Also, I believe that Radio City 96.7 have mentioned the book on air already. A friend of my mother's heard Kev Seed talking about it on his show just before I went away. I believe his comments were very positive! Unfortunately, I can't receive Radio City's reception very well here in North Wales, so don't get to listen as regularly as I would like, so if anyone does hear the book mentioned on air, or has done over the last few weeks, could you let me know?

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased and read the book so far, and for all the wonderful feedback via email, letter and answerphone messages. I really appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home