My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Ideas in the Pipeline

Apologies for being so quiet here on the blog. That's not to say that nothing has been happening. Far from it. I've resigned from my job for one thing. Yes, after nearly 25 years as an employee of what is now The Department of Work and Pensions, I have resigned. Not, unfortunately, because I am making millions from a little book I wrote about Radio City, but more to do with family commitments. I am now looking for something that fits in better around my children's school day/year (ie part time/part year) and something closer to home.

I have also started working on ideas for my next book, for which I will begin research in September. No clues as to what this will be yet. I can confirm it won't be about radio this time, but it will be non-fiction, and music will definitely feature in it. That's all you're getting for now!

I spoke to Colette at Radio City the other day. They have a lot of commitments this year with events already arranged, so it looks as though any 194 nostalgia event won't take place until January or February 2007 at the earliest. I will be speaking with her again in December so should know a little more then.

In the meantime, with regard to plugging the book, I have plans to attend a book fair in November, and also hope to arrange a smaller "event" (not even sure that is the right word) for 194 Radio City fans sometime soon in Liverpool. As for what form this will take, you will have to watch this space. I will of course let you know as soon as I have details. Sales are still on the up, and the royalties are coming in steadily. I have also placed an advert in Radiojam for six weeks. Radiojam is an on-line "wireless weekly" which will appeal to anyone who works for, or who has an interest in radio. This is an experiment for me because I'll admit I don't know exactly what type of advertising will suit my needs best, but their rates were pretty reasonable so I thought it was worth a try.

You may also have noticed that the book is back on eBay, at least for the time being. I do sell quite steadily on there, so when I removed the listing, I became quite twitchy, so thought it was probably worth leaving on. The costs of listing aren't massive, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home