My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Post Interview News

Well, the interview on Pete's show went really well. It was live, and I was really nervous to begin with, but Pete and his producer, Jay, put me at my ease and thank goodness I didn't incur any of Pete's infamous wrath!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who listened in and supported me. As usually happens following this kind of promotion, sales have increased this week, so I really appreciate having been given the opportunity to do this.

Global Distribution is on a roll now. Every day, somewhere new stocks it on the internet. The ones I have found so far have been Amazon (in every country), Tesco.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Guardianbookshop.co.uk, Play.com, Buy.com, and of course, there's still Lulu.com and eBay (for the time being, although I will stop this at some point soon). If you haven't yet bought a copy, but want to, do shop around because some of these places are able to sell cheaper than others, so make sure you get the best deal out there. I get the same royalties whatever the sale price, so it doesn't harm me.

I have spent this last week approaching various bookshops direct. Waterstones in Liverpool City Centre are going to get some copies in. Sarah, who is in charge of the local interest section there, is another big Radio City fan, whose memories of the station go back to 1976, so this is always great news for me, as it helps my cause! I hope to get over to Liverpool on Saturday and pop into a few other bookstores, as a follow on from the letters I sent out last week. I will let you know where they are going to be stocked.

1 Comments:

Blogger daybo2 said...

Kathy
Try our 'portal' site www.localbookshops.co.uk for a listing of online independents. I'm sure the two Pritchards branches would be interested if you approached them, as local interest books are a major part of their business.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home