My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Latest update

The account page on the Lulu site tells me all I need to know about the book with regard to royalties, orders etc. With the royalties, I can't deny that it's nice to see that the books are selling, both via bookshops and through Lulu itself. But what is really frustrating is I can't see exactly who is ordering it. Still, I suppose that comes with letting my book go out into the big wide world! I have recently composed a thank you note which will go out with any books ordered from Lulu. This is something Lulu offers writers for free, and I think it's a nice touch.

I finally got around to ordering myself a car sticker to advertise the book (and it looks great in the back of my car, alongside my original 1977 194 Radio City car sticker (thanks Ed!) I have also stocked up on some key rings. These look pretty fab too. If you ever need to order anything like this, I can recommend contacting Phil Dunford at Cleaford.co.uk, as they are quick, professional and reasonably priced.

I finally managed to spend the day in Liverpool yesterday, and will soon have some books on sale at the Tourist Information Offices, and Heritage Projects at the Albert Dock.

Now that things are taking off without the need for me to be so involved, I will be withdrawing my book from eBay listings very soon. Obviously it costs me to list on here, and the book is widely available both in shops and through the internet, often at a cheaper deal than I can offer, but if any of you do experience problems finding a copy, feel free to email me at kathybarham@hotmail.com.

I have been having discussions with Collette Lowe, who is the person in charge of Give A Child A Chance at Radio City and Magic 1548. There is the strong possiblity I might be involved in staging some kind of event over the late summer or early autumn, not only to promote the book, but also to raise some money for GACAC. Watch this space for news of exactly what will happen, but hopefully it will be a kind of 'Retro Fest' with some original 194 people attending. If any of you have any ideas, or could help out in any way, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home