My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Daily Post article 3rd July: "In print - and it was so simple"

After I'd all but given up on the idea of getting something in the newspapers about the book, it's finally happened! Philip Key, a reporter at The Daily Post, has written a piece around my original Scouse Power Press Release. It describes the 'Print on Demand' publishing process, Lulu.com in particular, and uses me and my book as an example (you know the thing:- "Kathy, 43, Civil Servant....." groan!!!!!) Joking aside, it's pretty good publicity for me, and includes Gillian Reynolds' recent quote and the fact that it is selling fast, and is now available to buy just about everywhere. The web address for the Daily Post and Echo, and details of how you can read the article are at the bottom of this post.

Spent Saturday trawling around Liverpool City Centre bookshops, dropping off flyers etc. Also travelled out to Crosby to visit Pritchards, because everyone keeps recommending it as an excellent bookshop. Had already been in touch with Mitch who works there by email a while ago, but was still surprised to see my book already in there at the front of the store when I walked in!

Had big plans for this week - driving around Liverpool talking bookshops into taking some copies - but my youngest son has been taken ill this morning and consequently isn't at school, so I don't know whether it will happen in the short term now.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/ (then search icLiverpool for "194 Radio City" and the article will come up)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home