My Photo
Name:
Location: Denbighshire, United Kingdom

After deciding to resign from the Civil Service after 25 years, I am now free to pursue my dream of writing. My first book '194 Radio City - The Heart of Liverpool' was published through Lulu in April 2006, and is available from good bookshops and internet suppliers. If you have difficulty getting a copy, please contact me.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Summer Holiday Time

Well, the summer holidays begin today, which means I will have much less time to spend on promoting the book, but it all seems to be doing quite well without me. I'm still putting together some ideas for the book/Give A Child A Chance event. When I have a few more ideas, I will put them to Collette at City and see what she thinks. Looks like it will be early autumn at the earliest before anything happens though.

The Amazon page looks good now because it has finally uploaded the reviews people had so kindly submitted a while back. I had to e-mail Amazon to find out what the delay was, but once I had done that, they were very quick to respond and within 24 hours they were put on the site.

Time permitting, I am going to try to place an advert for the book in a couple of local magazines/papers over the summer, just to keep up the momentum, and I may re-list on eBay again - but I will wait and see how everything goes without it. I also have plans to do some 'mystery shopper' calls to some of the bookshops which have stocked or promised to stock the book, and see how its all going....

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home